Ayan AcharyaGraduate Student
Department of ECE, University of Texas at Austin
Office: ACES 3.106
USMail: 1, University Station,
C0803, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Mobile: (+1) 408-680-9800
Google Scholar Page: [Link]
About MeI am a fourth year Ph.D. student in Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Texas at Austin, USA. I am associated with Intelligent Data Exploration and Analysis Laboratory (IDEAL) led by Dr. Joydeep Ghosh and Machine Learning Research Group led by Dr. Raymond J. Mooney. As an intern, I have spent two wonderul summers in eBay Research Lab and Qualcomm Inc. Before joining UT Austin, I completed my Bachelor's degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India in the year 2009.
- Multitask learning with both supervised and latent shared topics in text and images.
- Combination of classification and clustering ensemble for non-transductive semisupervised and transfer learning.
- Matrix completion in recommender systems.
- Modeling of data privacy in learning.
Scholarly Service Activities
- Reviewer for ACM TKDD, ACM TKDE, INS Information Sciences.
- Papers accepted in ECML-PKDD 2013.
- Joined Yahoo! Research, Sunnyvale, CA as an Intern Scientist in Summer 2013.
- Paper accepted in SDM 2013 [Link].
- Tutorial on Spectral Learning in Latent Variable Models [Link].